How to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 8.1 Pro using “Add Features”.
In this tutorial we will show you how to upgrade your Windows 8.1 to 8.1 Pro using the generic upgrade key. This upgrade will keep your programs and files intact and shouldn’t take longer than 15 minutes.
To do this you will need:
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8.1 Pro generic key (you will be provided with this key later in the tutorial)
- Go to Start menu, open search bar and type in “Add features” and click on “Add features to Windows 8.1”
- Now click on “I already have a product key”
- Now enter the generic Windows 8.1 Pro product key and click “Next”
Windows 8.1 Pro Generic Product Key
- Accept the license terms and click “Add features”
- Now the system will upgrade itself into Windows 8.1 Pro. The process will finish after the reboot.
- After the reboot the Windows will show you a window that will say the process is complete. Close the window and that’s it, you have successfully upgraded your Windows 8.1 to 8.1 Pro. Now you can continue with activating using new Windows 8.1 Pro product key.